writing day 12


It’s kind of alarming how much more violence has become acceptable.  I have pretty young parents, my mom was in high school, and so I grew up with super chill parents and have been watching horror films since I was super little. But because I think that because of movies and video games trying to become more and more shocking we have sort of become desensitized to violence in film. When reviewing A Fistful of Dollars, Bosley Crowther seemed very alarmed by the minor violence displayed in the movie. He seemed to think that it was an “engrossingly morbid, violent film” with I think is quite strange because to be it was barely gruesome at all. It’s crazy to think how much the standards have changed but if you think about it so many things, almost everything, has changed since 1967

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News

News

Is rapid city any good?